Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Just Swinging By

As I'm home sick this week (flu turned bronchitis) I thought it would be a good chance to catch up on some card making for upcoming classes. I took all the essentials with me into the craft room - heater, big glass of water, box of thick and thirsty tissues, lip balm, phone - but you know what they say about the best laid plans ... my mojo up and left along with my ability to breathe through my nose at night and although I gave it a valiant effort, I eventually gave up in disgust at what I had created.

Luckily, though, a couple of weeks back I had been practising some swing cards for this month's Sunday class and so I do have those to show you.

First up one I made ages ago under the tutelage of my mate Robyn:

 



Materials used:

  • stamps - The Open Sea, Word Play
  • card - cherry cobbler, whisper white, Nautical Expedition dsp
  • other - stripes E/F, dimensionals

A little touch of vintage for the next one:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Kindness Matters, Smarty Pants, Creative Elements
  • card - crumb cake, very vanilla, basic black, First Edition dsp
  • other - designer frames E/F, sponge dauber, blender pen, champagne shimmer mist
Then I got adventurous and wanted to try making one using the framelits labels die shape for the swing portion. Not completely happy with it as my sentiment keeps ending up crooked, but after trying about four times I decided to just go with what I had and be blowed to it! The bright colours are another departure from my norm.




Materials used:

  • stamps - Just Believe, Petite Pairs, polka dot background (retired)
  • card - melon mambo, basic black, whisper white
  • other - clear embossing powder, markers, small oval punch (retired), framelits, Big Shot, beautiful wings die

Hopefully my mojo will return in full swing (pardon the pun!) long before Sunday so I can come up with another version for my ladies. Till then, 

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

These are all so cute! Would you share the tuturial for making these swing cards?

Lynda said...

I thought I commented...but I must have been mistaken. Great cards Kez...I esp love the Open Sea one. So cobbler of you. Hope ur feeling better. ooxx