Sunday, July 1, 2012

School Holidays At Last!

And I was absolutely determined to sit down and make some cards! Serious withdrawal!!! It seems like forever since I have been creative and my mojo has taken a bit of a beating with all the TAFE related work I've been doing, so it took a while to get anything I was happy with.

I had a play with some gorgeous Autumn tones and French Foliage, such a beautiful set.


Materials used:
  • stamps - French Foliage, Whimsical Words
  • card - cajun craze, whisper white, early espresso
  • inks - crumb cake, more mustard, cajun craze, pumpkin pie, cherry cobbler, early espresso
  • other - framelits labels dies, dimensionals, sponges

Then I was longing to do some watercolouring and try out a new stamp:





Materials used:
  • stamps - Penny Black
  • card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, watercolour
  • other - adorning accents die, elegant bouquet embossing folder, nestabilities oval die, aquapainter

I also had a try at the Frosted Image Technique. Not entirely successful but acceptable for a first time. My sentiment was done on the computer as I don't have a suitable stamp.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Delicate Doilies
  • card - basic black, very vanilla, Mocha Morning dsp
  • other - clear embossing powder, heat tool, nestabilities die, Big Shot, computer and printer, dimensionals, black satin ribbon

Hopefully I'll be back with more soon.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Great cards Kez, the effect of the frosted technique looks wonderful, as does the gorgeous colours of your French foliage card.

Helen said...

Great to see you back in blogland, Kez. Love all the cards, though I think my favourite is the birds. Helen C

Andrea said...

Hi Kez,
I love your 3 cards. Thanks for sharing
Andrea

Lynda said...

All 3 of these are stunning Kez. I googled Frosted Technique and think I have it sussed. It is a lovely look. My fave is the Autumnal one tho. I really must look at this set more seriously. ooxx

Sue Dean said...

Welcome back, missed you. See you soon!