Friday, September 21, 2012

Fore!

There's a new challenge blog called Fab Friday and this fortnight they have a colour challenge going. When I saw the combo it immediately made me think of argyle and that made me think of golf - hence the theme of my card and today's header!

Here's the colour palette:


I thought it would be fun to play on the meaning of Fore! (which is a warning to golfers ahead to take care of golf balls coming their way) and use it as a warning against an impending birthday! He he he! I know, I crack myself up sometimes!


Materials used:
  • stamps - unknown
  • card - Sahara sand, so saffron, very vanilla, watercolour, basic grey patterns paper
  • other - argyle embossing folder, modern label punch, aquapainter, inks, markers, dimensionals, computer and printer, sponge daubers, square punch, Big Shot

To make the yellow and grey argyle bunting I inked up my embossing folder before adding the cardstock and running it through my Big Shot. A reasonably good match for his socks, don't you think? LOL!

Making a golf-themed card made me think of my dear old dad, who passed away 9 years ago but who was a really keen golfer during my formative years and even won the air force championship a couple of times. I used to enjoy caddying for him sometimes and getting a glass of lemonade at the 19th hole! Miss you dad, hope you enjoy this card wherever you are.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Wonderful idea to translate these colors into argyle! Love the gold theme as well. What a perfect guy birthday card. I'm also envious of your coloring skills! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Patrice said...

Fabulous card Kerry - love this colour combo.

Lynda said...

This card even made my DH smile broardly!!! So much fum darl and oh so creative. I love all the small deets. Even the blue silhouette around the image. So well done.

Marla Reed said...

What a wonderful masculine card! Your watercoloring is amazing! I also love that you inked up your embossing folder before running it through. Your sentiment is so fun, too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Margaret said...

This is so fun and I love how the embossing matches his lovely socks!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Great take on the colors....argyle! They DO remind me of that! Very creative! And super cute...that guy makes me smile:-) Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman said...

OMG these are totally golf colors and the argyle is perfect for this card! Thanks so much for joining at Fab Friday!