Friday, September 21, 2012

Tuscan Rise

The colours in this week's Color Me Beautiful challenge are just gorgeous! Here's the inspiration pictures:



I decided to do a watercoloured background instead of sponging or brayering, and this is what I ended up with:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Serene Silhouettes, Field Flowers
  • card - perfect plum, basic grey, watercolour
  • other - fancy fan embossing folder, Big Shot, aquapainter, lace ribbon, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig
  • inks - perfect plum, basic grey, more mustard, cajun craze, black StazOn

I sprayed my watercolour paper with water first to moisten it so that when I added the (watered down) ink it would spread nicely. I masked off for my hills and did the sky first, then reverse-masked and added the hills. After it was all dry I stamped the flowers in basic grey, perfect plum and black. My stamp-a-ma-jig was the perfect tool to get my sentiment in the right spot!

Hope you like it! Why not pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team have to inspire you and we'd love it if you join us in the challenge this week!

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez




2 comments:

Lynda said...

Lordy Kez...once again I am gobsmacked by another of your cards. This is beautiful and simply just "takes you there". Gorjus beyond words darl. ooxx

Sue Dean said...

Wow,veryimpressive! I would have said that they were a real colour challenge. Love what you did with them