Hello, my name is Kerry and I am addicted to ribbon.
Sigh! I needed my always artichoke seam binding for one of today's cards and as all my reels of ribbon are jumbled into a large basket, naturally it was buried right down the bottom. After searching through the mountain a little I realised I was going to have to empty the lot out!
They used to be organised, they really did. I had them arranged in colour groupings, but as my stash grew, it got more and more difficult - and finally impossible - to add a new reel in the appropriate space. So they all just got chucked in.
Of course, what I really need is a better ribbon storage solution but I am quite at a loss as to what would suit. There are the big reels for wide stripey ribbons and the small reels for satin and seam binding (my favourites, but shhh! don't tell the others!), the larger size reels for narrow grosgrain and of course the "odds and sods" which vary in size and radius.
So, if you have a great idea for ribbon storage that (a) won't break the bank and (b) will suit all different sized spools, I would LOVE to hear it! Seriously. I will be sitting by my trusty iMac waiting for your suggestions.
Anywhoooo, if you've stuck with me this long then I think you deserve to see a card or two, so here are the ones we're making for our Christmas card stamp-a-stack this month.
This first one is cased from my upline Marelle, with a few tweaks of my own added in.
- stamps - More Merry Messages
- card - real red, white linen (non SU), champagne glitter, red glitter, silver glitter
- other - postage stamp punch, 1" square punch, Merry Minis punches, Big Shot, snowflake embossing folder (NCA), dimensionals
Next is a more vintage style card. The centre panel has been spritzed with champagne shimmer mist and looks rather gorgeous IRL (if I do say so myself!). If you click on the second photo it shows better.
- stamps - Bells & Boughs, Tiny Tags, music note wheel
- card - crumb cake, very vanilla, cherry cobbler
- other - blender pen, always artichoke seam binding, labels collection framelit, jewellery tag punch, dimensionals, sponge dauber, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, champagne shimmer mist
So now you know about my ribbon addiction. Don't even get me started on buttons!
Thanks for stopping by.