Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Trio

Yesterday I was browsing around our LSS and found some great Halloween papers which inspired me to sit and try some punch art, something I haven't done in a while. I am rather enjoying making some fun Halloween craft and have more to show you when I get the time to photograph them all. (Mind you, the price of the card compared to SU prices rather horrified me!)



Materials used:
  • stamps - Wacky Wishes (hostess)
  • card - basic black, old olive, pumpkin pie
  • punches - wide oval, large oval, 35 mm circle, boho blossoms
  • other - Versamark ink, white embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals, white gel pen, sponge daubers, two way glue pen
  • non SU - Pumpkin Faces stamps by Peachy Keen, Leaf Flourish die from Bosskut, Graphic 45 Happy Haunting designer paper

The card is a bit larger than the norm as my pumpkins took up a fair bit of space, but they are so cute I couldn't bear to not include all three! I love the tendrils too - they make me think of Disney's Cinderella movie when the fairy godmother turns the pumpkin into a coach.

I am entering this in the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge this week, which is pumpkins.


Well, I'd better get back to work. We have our annual Cards for Aussie Troops event this weekend so I am in the final stages of preparation for that and will have plenty of goodies to show you later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez



13 comments:

Helen said...

Great halloween card, Kez. The expressions on the pumpkins' faces is rather fun too.

DD20 said...

I love the trio of pumpkins. So adorable!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Cute!!! The pumpkins are adorable!!! Love the use of different punches!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Elizabeth Price said...

I agree with you, the pumpkin vines are magical. Your punch art is fabulous. So glad you joined us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Shannon said...

Seriously so stinkin' cute! You did a phenomenal job and their little expressions are priceless. So much better (especially price wise) than the store cards. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Hmmm....why do your pumpkins look so much better than mine done just with the ornament punch.

Anne Kirk said...

Ooops....didn't realise you were still logged onto my computer. The last comment was from me not you

Margaret said...

This is so fun! I love those sweet faces on your fantastic punch art pumpkins!!

Erika Clark said...

Those pumpkin faces are soOOOoooo cute! I love the little teeth! All the elements there are so great together...the colors, the greenery, and the shading on your punches. Thanks for joining in at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Lynda said...

Oh the major cute factor of these pumpkins Kez!!! I feel a bit redundant commenting now after discussing them y'day with you!! Love how they all have a different "bum"...round and smooth, narrow and one for the larger pumpking too. Just GORJUS!!! ooxx

Bobbie said...

TOO CUTE! So happy you joined us this week at HSS.

Krista said...

You are so cute....and I agree, I think of Cinderella with this card, too. The vines are so adorable and the pumpkin faces are so stinkin' cute! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

I love the faces on your pumpkins! So cute. That paper is perfect for your card also. Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at HSS.