Friday, October 12, 2012

Boating Blues

This week's Color Me Beautiful challenge is a great one for masculine cards with the evocative title of Boating Blues. Here are the inspiration photo and colour combo:



I had an idea in my head and decided to give it a try - and was very pleased when it actually worked as I had imagined! That doesn't always happen, lol! I used all of the colours except Sahara sand.



Materials used:

  • stamps - Up, Up and Away
  • card - river rock, whisper white, Pacific point
  • punches - 32mm circle, 35mm circle, scallop circle
  • other - sponges, dimensionals, scrap paper, mounting tape

I approached this in a similar way to doing triple-layer stamping; I lay my second smaller panel on top of the bottom layer while I sponged the clouds and grass, then raised the panel on mounting tape and lined up the pattern. It was great fun and I'm quite happy with how it turned out so might just have to use that method again sometime.

BTW, don't be fooled by the sunshine in the background of my photo; this was taken earlier in the week and not during today's wild and woolly weather - heavy snow and black ice just up the road in Katoomba! And it's the middle of October, for Pete's sake! What will happen next I wonder?

Please pop on over to the Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team have for you and I hope you are inspired to take part in the challenge this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

This is a very speccy card Kez. Love everything abt it. You HAVE to love it when an idea bouncing around ur ead comes out the way this one did. Just GORJUS. ooxx