For class tomorrow I've used honeycomb as a theme and made three completely different cards showcasing the versatility of this pattern.
First off I went "the whole hog" with dsp segments inside the honeycomb embossing folder. Black and vanilla have been teamed with returning colour Blushing Bride to create this gorgeous confection:
(I know my friend Robby will be salivating over this one; like me, she loves black and vanilla together.)
- stamps - Blooming with Kindness
- card - blushing bride, basic black, very vanilla, Love Letter dsp (retired)
- other - apothecary accents die, clear embossing powder, heat tool, sponge daubers, dimensionals, Big Shot, honeycomb E/F
- non SU - paper doily, Cheery Lynn honeycomb die
My second card is a bright and cheerful hybrid and features plenty of honeycomb shapes. The white honeycomb was cut with a (non SU) die and attached over bashful blue card, then the paper pieces added in.
- stamps - MDS
- card - whisper white, real red, bashful blue, various patterned papers in real red, so saffron, marina mist and Pacific point
- other - honeycomb E/F, Big Shot, dimensionals, real red ribbon, two way glue
- non SU - Cheery Lynn honeycomb die, tweezers
Our third card is one you've seen before; this one was a Top 3 Pick in the Colours and Sketches challenge a couple of weeks ago.
A little birdie tells me there just might be something honeycomb in the new catalogue that I will be happy to see - not long to wait now!
Thanks for stopping by.