Saturday, February 1, 2014

NSU - Love You Honey

Today's card is my second offering with copic colouring - I'm very new at this but am loving the challenge. I think I enjoy it as much as watercolouring, although it is a bit more difficult I find!

Anyway, one of the images I couldn't wait to colour was this totally adorable Mo Manning drawing of Baby Fairy Bee. Sooooooooo cute! The curly hair gave me some problems and I can see I'm going to have to look up some tutorials on that, but otherwise I am quite happy with it for a beginner.

Check out this sweetie:


 Materials used:

  • stamps - Baby Fairy Bee (digital stamp - Mo Manning), Lovely Little Labels (SU)
  • card - perfect plum, whisper white, basic grey, pumpkin pie polka dot dsp, XPress It
  • other - SU jewellery tag punch, Cheery Lynn honeycomb die, paper flowers, mounting tape, copics, SU 1.6 cm organza ribbon, SU ovals framelits, Big Shot, hot glue gun, Spica glitter pen

I coloured the hair last and one of my brown pens leaked two HUGE blobs of ink! Luckily for me, they were right on the hairline, so I cut around the image and stuck it over a second one to save me having to start all over again! There was a fair bit of muttering going on, as you can imagine! LOL!

Well, hope you like my offering. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Kathryn Brennan said...

Who'd know you're a beginner? Looks great to me!

Margaret said...

This looks wonderful! I especially love how you turned your blob into an opportunity!

Unknown said...

Lovely Card, I love how you cut the image out and saved having to start over... thanks for sharing, now I just have to remember that next time I am in that position...
all the best, lovey work!
Maureen