Sunday, March 3, 2019

Much Comfier

Another distress oxide card for you today, this one much more my style of blending and therefore I'm more comfortably in my zone.


Materials used:

  • stamps - You Matter (Simon Says Stamps)
  • card - thick whisper white, basic black
  • distress oxide inks - picked raspberry, mustard seed, abandoned coral, wilted violet, peacock feathers
  • other - blending tools, water spritzer, You Matter dies (SSS), Big Shot, small butterfly punch (SU retired), clear epoxy shapes, clear Wink of Stella, white baker's twine

I'm going to need a number of 'missing you' and 'thinking of you' cards in the future as both our daughters are heading overseas for work or study, the younger one in a week and the elder next month. It's an exciting time but I will miss them terribly; thank goodness for Skype and the internet. When I was doing my big 'overseas experience' it was snail mail and reverse charge phone calls home to my parents - how times have changed!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful blending and I really like just the strip down the side leaving room for the sweet butterflies and sentiment. Technology is wonderful. When my sons were in college I had to know their schedules so I would try to call when I thought they would be available. No cell phones then. We've come a long way!

Laurie said...

Another beautiful card! I love that it's colourful and cheery yet still remains clean & simple. The blending of oxide inks on a strip looks perfect. I'll definitely be CASE-ing this one : )

Clipping Path said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and the design.