Monday, April 29, 2019

Exotic Torture

As you guys know, I don't often do lots of bright, vibrant colours. Not that I don't love them, I do - well, certainly Bermuda bay (which I've used today) is one of my favourites - but it's rare that I combine a bunch of them together. However, today's card breaks the bank on that scheme.

It all began yesterday when I was browsing one of my fav craft sites and saw Graphic 45's new Kaleidoscope papers. Here's a sample to show you:


See what I mean? Very vibrant, very in-your-face, and they obviously stuck in my mind because this morning when I woke, I had a design idea in my head to use these colours and the Eastern Beauty bundle (which almost had cobwebs on it, lol). Much as I tried to push the idea away - because lord knows I've got tons of other things to put my mind to - it persisted front and centre until finally I knew there was nothing for it but to give in and see if my idea would work. Well, it didn't, not the first time anyway, but I vowed to give it a second shot and if that came to nothing I'd know I'd tried and put it behind me.

So, here's my card. Very outside my comfort zone, very so-not-me, and no doubt for some of you, it won't be your thing either, but it got the itch out and it will appeal to someone (cross fingers!).

Materials used:

  • stamps - Eastern Beauty
  • card - Bermuda bay, basic black, melon mambo
  • other - rhinestones, Eastern Medallions dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, melon mambo embossing powder, heat tool, orange tinsel embossing powder (Ranger), pumpkin pie satin ribbon (long retired), embossing buddy, Versamark ink

The orange embossing powder, being tinsel (glitter by any other name), goes everywhere, no matter how much I rubbed with chalk dust (embossing buddy) beforehand!



If you love it, please let me know - it will sure help me feel less unsure about trying things outside my box again. If you hate it, please keep that to yourself!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Phyllis Strickland said...

i love it!! i love the colors you chose.