Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Stepping Up Hugs from Shelli

I've always liked the style of stamps designed specifically by SU's co-founder, Shelli Gardner, so when her special Paper Pumpkin kit became available I couldn't resist.

For my first play I took the image that was shown to everyone and upscaled it a little - here's the basic card folks made at the SU events held in April:


As these notecards are the perfect size for layering on our A5 card, I "upsized" and added in a touch more pink along with some rose gold foil.


You may also notice the eggs in the nest stand out a little more - I coloured them with a white watercolour pencil. The die-cut flowers were super easy to pop out and attach and I also added one of the delightful bird charms (is that a swallow?) from the embellishments in the kit. I used more rose gold foil around my sentiment panel and added Dimensionals to everything for extra depth.

Given that I originally thought this brown card was the least attractive of the four designs in the pack, I rather like my finished product!

Materials used:
  • Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin kit
  • card - petal pink, early espresso, rose gold foil
  • other - mini glue dots, Dimensionals, watercolour pencils, aqua painter

For my second design I again took one of the notecards and made it a layer on a larger card.


The background pool party piece was spritzed with white shimmer mist before running it through the Big Shot with the subtle embossing folder, giving it a beautiful sheen as well as that lovely texture. The frame is new in-colour pretty peacock - isn't it gorgeous? This time I teamed the Paper Pumpkin elements with an image from complimentary stamp set Free as a Bird.

Materials used:

  • Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin kit
  • stamps - Free as a Bird
  • card - pool party, pretty peacock, whisper white, vellum
  • other - stitched rectangle dies, Big Shot, subtle embossing folder, white shimmer mist, Stamparatus, Dimensionals, Stampin' Blends - pool party, Bermuda bay, pineapple punch, pumpkin pie, soft sea foam


Again, in my third card, I've added some layers to dress up the kit contents, but it's still a simple and straightforward card. The sentiment is from Free as a Bird once more and don't you love the pink chenille cord? So soft and lovely.


Materials used:
  • Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin kit
  • card - very vanilla, mossy meadow
  • other - mini glue dots, Dimensionals, Lots of Labels framelits, sponge dauber

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez