Thursday, July 25, 2019

Mermaid Kisses

With limited space onboard, I had to very sadly leave all my distress oxide inks at home. I did, however, make a few backgrounds to bring with me - I'm pretty sure that won't surprise you. Today I used one of those for a card. Here tis:



Firstly I cut it with the double-stitched framelit then attached the outer piece to my card base with mounting tape before dry embossing the centre panel and attaching it flat. This particular background was done on watercolour paper, so the embossed lines are nice and deep. I then stamped and coloured the mermaid and seahorse, using drops of re-inker to colour with rather than my usual ink pads; this gives a much bolder intensity of colour. For the seaweed I've combined dies from Smooth Sailing and Under the Sea in vellum and card, all attached with my fine-tip glue pen.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Mermaid Kisses (SugarPea Designs)
  • card - Pacific point, watercolour, granny apple green, daffodil delight, vellum
  • dies - Smooth Sailing, Under the Sea
  • other - seaside embossing folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals, distress oxide inks, ink blender, fine tip glue pen, aqua painter, ink refills, scissors, mounting tape, double stitched rectangle framelits (Scrapdragon), sequins

Only problem is now I've got distress oxide withdrawal! Lol.

Thanks for swimming by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Such a cute card - the mermaid is gorgeous. The background ripples are so effective. TFS