Friday, August 30, 2019

Elegant in its Simplicity

Today's card came about because I was keen to do some more colouring on the Magnolia Lane papers (see here for my first attempt), plus I had a hankering to use purple posy cardstock. I haven't used it before - probably waiting, in my head, for the ink pad to become available. But as I've been making other pastel-shaded cards this week (no, you haven't missed them; I haven't put them up yet, as they're for next week's class) I guess I was still in a pastel frame of mind.

Anyhow, I began colouring the magnolia paper again using SU's blends, but unfortunately even the light purple posy marker was too dark for the effect I was after. Consequently, I got out my Copics and found some shades that gave much closer to what I had in mind. Here's how that went:


I didn't feel it needed anything else added to it but sent a sneak peek to my BFF to ask for her opinion, which I value as she's a much more experienced crafter. She agreed and in fact described the card as 'elegant in its simplicity' which was very flattering and why that's my post header. 

If you look closely you'll see that as well as the background panel being embossed with the extremely versatile Subtle embossing folder, the panel of designer paper was too. This gives it a look not dissimilar to a picture on canvas and is an effect I LOVE. So yep, I'd say there's a fair amount of certainty you'll be seeing more of that, lol.

Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - purple posy, basic black, Magnolia Lane DSP
  • other - Copic markers V0000, V000 and V01, subtle embossing folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals, water spritzer

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Stunningly brilliant. Love the colour. TFS