Saturday, August 31, 2019

Watercolour Wonderland

Hey ho! Another Christmas card today and for this one I got a bit arty and had fun with some water and ink!

I began with spritzing my heavy watercolour paper then laid down a layer of diluted balmy blue for my sky, fading it as I went down the paper. After drying that off, I inked my tree stamp with old olive and spritzed it with water too before stamping the distant trees. The foreground trees got the same treatment with mossy meadow ink and I sponged along the bottom to 'ground' them. Once everything was dry I ran it through my Big Shot with the subtle embossing folder to give it even more texture - up close it seriously looks like a watercolour painting. Stamped my sentiment on vellum and as there are tiny specks of gold in the ivory powder, I added three small gold sequins.


Simple but gorgeous, in my humble opinion (lol)! And perfect for the summer Christmas here in Aus. Hope you like too.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Wonderland
  • card - heavy watercolour, vellum, thick very vanilla
  • other - aged ivory embossing powder (Stampendous), heat tool, metallic sequins, mounting tape, subtle embossing folder, Big Shot, Tombow glue, tweezers, paint brush, water spritzer

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Laurie said...

WOW! What a beauty! I'm definitely CASEing this one - well done!

Rob I said...

Simple but gorgeous is correct. Might have to a tree stamp now.
TFS

Heather T said...

A lovely Aussie Christmas card. All your artsy touches are beautiful.