Monday, August 19, 2019

In the True Spirit of 'Better Late than Never'

My BFF snuck in a birthday while I was overseas - the sheer gall - and even though I rang her on the day, I didn't send a card. (Cos, you know, the whole 'only had nautical themed stamps with me' scenario.) Sooooooo, as we're getting together today and I have birthday goodies to bestow, I thought I'd best hop to and make a card as well. It would be Expected (yep, with a capital. Just sayin'.).

Now, she loves distress oxides (in fact I may be 98.99% responsible for enabling her own DO passion) so I knew I couldn't go wrong with a sponged background. As luck would have it, I had a few made up already, so grabbed one of those. The card is very simple but I love it and I hope she will too.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Beautiful Friendship
  • card - whisper white, basic black, Sahara sand
  • distress oxide inks - don't know cos, like I said, I had it made up already from months ago - there's two greens and two blues, though, if that helps?
  • other - Stamparatus, stitched rectangle framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, chipboard branch/birds embellishment (origin unknown, sorry), blender tools, subtle embossing folder, water spritzer, Tombow glue

If that's us sitting on the branch, we'd be taking turns being the bird with the open beak, lol. We do tend to have a good old chin-wag whenever we get together! That's what besties are for, right?

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Such a gorgeously brilliant card IRL. Yep, lots of chin wagging happening on the day. You arent 98.9% responsible for my DO addiction, you are 100% responsible - if you didnt make such awesome cards I wouldnt be a DO addict.