Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Well Wishes Dandelion

I wonder what the story is behind a weed becoming the symbol for wishing someone better health? Maybe it's a sort of 'blow the nasty weeds away and leave only healthy flowers' kind of thing? Who knows? If you do, feel free to enlighten us!

Anyhow, I felt the need to get out a set I haven't used in quite a while - okay, honestly? I wanted to use my distress oxides and wonderful new blending brushes! But I also felt this stamp set would suit the background beautifully, so...yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Once I'd stamped my sentiment I overstamped with Versamark and clear embossed it - this makes the colour go a bit darker, which is the effect I was after.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Dandelion Wishes
  • card - whisper white, dapper denim
  • distress oxides - fossilised amber, faded jeans
  • other - water spritzer, blending brushes, Stamparatus, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, craft foam, embossing buddy, Versamark pen, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot

How do you like this colour combo? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: