Saturday, January 4, 2020

Best Wishes

From the new Sale-a-bration catalogue you can earn for free the gorgeous set called, rather prosaically, Happy Birthday to You. Don't let the hum-drum name fool you though - this is a very versatile set that can be used for much more than just birthdays and as well as the beautiful image I've used on my card today, there are also a few sentiments in attractive fonts. It's well worth having this on your list of 'Must Gets'.

Here's the card I made with it:


I stamped the cake image on watercolour paper using Versamark ink and white embossed it, then coloured with soft applications of subtles inks. Remembering the adage 'less is more', I began with a light layer then went back and added more until I was happy with the result. Hope you like it.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Happy Birthday to You, Itty Bitty Greetings
  • card - soft sea foam, whisper white, watercolour
  • ink colours - soft sea foam, pear pizzazz, so saffron, blushing bride, smoky slate
  • other - subtle embossing folder, Big Shot, stitched rectangle die, stitched frame die, aqua painter, Dimensionals, gems

I did fussy cut around the cake but before long you won't have to do the same - next month there will be a promotion called Coordination Product Release and you'll be able to buy the dies to match this set. It will have dies for the cake, stand, flowers and some extra leaves for decoration. 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Laurie said...

This set is definitely on my wishlist, and I love the CAS way you've used it on your card. Can't wait for the dies as well!

Rob I said...

What a pretty stamp, you have water coloured it beautifully. Good idea for the dies, saves all that fussy cutting. TFS

Unknown said...

I love the colours and the embossed card

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the dies, I put something on the SU FB page but didn’t get a response. I saw them on a French blog and hoped we would get them. Your card is gorgeous