Thursday, January 16, 2020

Labour of Love

You all know how much I love watercoloring so the fact I tackled the new Breathtaking Bouquet background stamp will come as no surprise. I used the method where I 'painted' an area with clear water first, then touched the ink to that and let it flow around, helping as needed for it to reach everywhere. Needless to say, this took rather a long time - it's a big stamp! I'd leave an area to dry and head off to do something else, then come back and colour some more. It's so relaxing and I was in no rush. The difficult part was deciding which bits would get cut off when I pared it down to fit on my card front!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Breathtaking Bouquet, Itty Bitty Greetings
  • card - watercolour, highland heather, gorgeous grape
  • other - aqua painter, inks, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, craft foam, white embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, Stamparatus, mounting strips

The sentiment needed to be small so as not to detract from the wow power of the flowers and I used purple to make a triangle of colour, which balanced the card out nicely. I must say I'm loving those colours; not sure I want to send this off to anyone - it might just have to stay in my 'private stash' *wink* lol. I'm looking forward to trying some other techniques with this stunning stamp.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

Absolutely awesome. The colours are gorgeous. The sentiment is perfect. Dont blame you for keeping the card for yourself. TFS

Laurie said...

This is a stunner! I had convinced myself I could live without yet another background stamp, but you're changing my mind. Beautifully done - way to go!