Saturday, January 11, 2020

Talk Nerdy to Me

I'm a nerd. 

Definitely a book nerd (although technically, I suppose I'm a story nerd as most of my reading is done on a Kindle these days). 

A Jane Austen nerd.

A bit of a Shakespeare nerd.

A Funko Pop bobble-head nerd (he he).

A touch of a sci-fi nerd.

And, of course, very much a craft nerd.

So it'll come as no surprise that today's card - a very simple one from a set I've had for a few years - is on the nerdy side of the spectrum. The stamp set is one of those you don't use often but can't bear to get rid of, you know what I mean? Anyway, the argyll patterned paper in the Country Club DSP immediately brought nerdy things to mind and even though I left this card idea floating around in my brain for some time without doing anything about it, it wouldn't let me go until I sat down and made the damn thing up, lol. So here it is for you, a small outpouring of my inner nerd.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Smarty Pants by There She Goes 
  • card - basic grey, whisper white, basic black, Country Club DSP
  • other - stitched rectangle framelit, Big Shot, craft foam, Stamparatus

Hope you're having a nerdtastic day. Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez


1 comment:

Rob I said...

Gosh I laughed when I opened your blog post. Love it and yes you are a nerd. The monochromatic colour theme looks great and the dsp is ideal. TFS