Friday, January 10, 2020

Winter Wishes - CAS on Friday Challenge

Welcome to my very first post as a new member of the CAS on Friday design team! I'm excited to be part of this talented group and can't wait for the fun challenges over the next twelve months. I do hope some of what you see here will inspire you to take part and perhaps, like me, push yourself beyond your usual creative boundaries.

Today's challenge is #171 and the theme is WINTER.

Here in Australia we're currently experiencing the hottest and driest summer in many, many years, so making a card with a winter theme added a distinctly whimsical touch to my day, lol. I have to say the thought of snow and cold was awfully appealing! Here's my card:


Here's a close up look. I used a bamboo skewer to poke the 'snow' in all those fiddly spaces, lol.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Grace's Garden (SU), Timeless Textures (SU), Hardwood (SU), Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers (PTI)
  • card - whisper white, crumb cake
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, blending brush, hills and drifts stencil (MFT), shimmer white embossing paste, mounting strips, Dimensionals, Stamparatus, sponge dauber, bamboo skewer, craft foam, watercolour pencils

I love the little bird in this set - here I've coloured it with watercolour pencils to get a soft effect for my 'robin'.

Please visit the other DT members' blogs to view their wonderful winter creations and feel free to leave us all some comment love!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Your first DT-card for CAS on Friday is great! That little bird is so cute.

Anita van Reemst said...

What a great first DT card for Cas on Friday. Nice with that snow and the little bird.

Laurie said...

Love this! A cool way to use what is normally considered a springtime set - thanks for the idea.

sue t. said...

So pretty Kez! Isn't it exciting to be part of the CAS on Friday team! Awesome creation!

Janneke said...

Welcome by CAS on Friday and have fun, so happy that you are in the dt.
Your card is amazing!

Helen said...

Congratulations on joining the team! Your card is just gorgeous! Very special and so very different! Love the addition of the little bird! I'm feeling the same way, but would just love some rain - it's just tooo dry!!! :)

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love your card, Kerry. Great scene! Welcome to our team at CAS on Friday.

Wilma de Korte said...

Hi Kerry, love to have you on our team! Your card is beautiful, love it!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

I can imagine you needed a bit of imagination for a winter card since it's so hot over there! Hope you are safe! Your first DT card is just stunning! So much fun to start this CAS on Friday adventure together! Crafty hugs Linda

Karen Dunbrook said...

I just love this....super card!!
x Karen

Anonymous said...

So very simple.......but elegant. I absolutely LOVE!