Friday, March 20, 2020

Cheers - CAS on Friday Challenge #176

Welcome back to another CAS on Friday challenge.

This is challenge #176 and the theme is BIRTHDAY. 

Sooooo many possibilities abound with a birthday theme and I often stick with balloons unless I know the person well - they're happy and cheerful and gender-neutral. This time, however, I was tempted by a scrummy looking cocktail and a big fat cherry.

Here's my card:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Adult Beverages (SSS), Adult Beverages Sayings (SSS), birthday stamps from stash
  • card - whisper white, lemon lime twist, basic black
  • distress oxide inks - mustard seed, spiced marmalade, candied apple
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, Adult Beverages dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, craft foam, white gel pen, scalpel, blending brush, post-it notes, Stamparatus, Bermuda bay and cherry cobbler Stampin' Blends

To get that gorgeous looking drink, I stamped the glass on a post-it note and cut out a reverse mask - ie I cut out only the 'bowl' of the glass, which meant everything else was covered up.


Then I used a small blending brush and distress oxide inks to colour it in. Very simple, I promise. The umbrella was coloured with alcohol markers and I added the polka dots with a white gel pen for a bit of fun.

I've got a birthday coming up myself in a couple of weeks - one of those big scary ones with an '0' at the end of it. I had planned to spend it with my DD in Scotland but sadly those plans have had to be put on hold for a while as we all deal with the new reality of a worldwide pandemic. I do hope you're all well and remain so for the duration. 

Please follow the link to the CASOF blog to see what beauties my fellow design team members have come up with for birthday cards, and we'd sure love it if you played along with the challenge. It would give you something cheerful to do while you isolate/hibernate! 

Thanks for calling in and take care.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Janneke said...

What a lovely card Kerry, love the bright colors
Stay Save!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Love your fun and bright card Kerry! Crafty hugs Linda

Wilma de Korte said...

Hi Kerry! Beautiful card, love it:-)

Rob I said...

What a wonderful pop of colour, so bright and cheery. TFS