Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Lovely Day

I've just realised all my class cards this time around feature flowers! That wasn't intentional, it was more about techniques, but hopefully the ladies will like them anyway. Here's my third project for them:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Beautiful Friendship, Forever Lovely
  • card - purple posy, whisper white, basic black
  • inks - purple posy, highland heather, gorgeous grape, granny apple green, pool party, Memento tuxedo black
  • other - centre step card dies (ODBD), Big Shot, Stamparatus, craft foam, black baker's twine, scrap paper for mask
The background 'paper' is made by stamping the hydrangea stamp onto whisper white using purple posy ink and I masked off the main flower on the centre panel before stamping the leaves and other flowers. The baker's twine was split approximately in half to make it thinner. Because there's not a lot of space on the thin panels, I've swiped a black ink pad around the 'paper' to give the impression of another layer without actually adding one. 

I'm heading off overseas for a while so apart from my CAS on Friday design team posts every second Friday night, card posts from me may be few and far between. Take care while I'm gone and keep crafting! 

Thanks for popping by.

Cheers
Kez



1 comment:

Rob I said...

Pretty card, of course using highland heather makes everything pretty. Clever use of the black ink pad for the edging and the use of the black twine looks very effective. TFS