Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Hugs to You

This week I gave my ladies a sketch to play with, one I borrowed from FMS:


Naturally, I had to come up with an example of my own and it wasn't until this morning that a solid idea formed in my brain and drove me into my craft room. I turned the sketch on its side for a landscape orientation and did a bit of fussy cutting, then found a die cut piece on my desk and decided to use that too.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Hugs with Shelli
  • card - crumb cake, whisper white, Bird Ballad DSP, so saffron patterned paper
  • other - linen thread, fancy scallop rectangle die (Scrap Dragon), Big Shot, Dimensionals, Subtle embossing folder, craft foam, stitched rectangle die (Scrap Dragon)

Lots of dimension on this one and some subtle texture in the background gives a huge lift to the overall impression. To give the dsp more strength, I adhered a rough cut piece to some white card then fussy-cut through both layers. I'll be sad to see these papers go (though I've got plenty in my stash, lol) but look forward to some more birds in the new catty. 

Thanks for dropping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Really like these colours together and the sweet uncomplicated design. Great tip to layer the dsp on white before fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing.

Rob I said...

Such a cute card. Yes it is sad to see the end of the Bird ballad dsp. Great tip on how to strengthen the dsp. Hope your ladies have lots of fun with this sketch. TFS