Saturday, May 9, 2020

Sunflower Sneak Peek

I was sitting at my craft desk yesterday, busy making the card in my previous post, and wondering if my pre-order goodies from the new 2020-2021 annual catalogue might arrive before the weekend. I'd had the shipping notification and although I know AusPost is run off their figurative feet at the moment, still there was hope in my heart...

Each time I heard a large vehicle out on the road (my craft room luckily looks directly on to the street) I looked up...suddenly, there it was! A white van! I held my breath as he got closer, wishing him to turn into my driveway...wishing...wishing...then sagging when he went right on past.

Damn.

Ah, but...wait! Not five minutes later, just as the sequins were about to be glued...here it was! The trusty white van, coming from the other direction and turning into my drive! Yee ha!

Needless to say, I was at the front door before the postie even made it half-way up the stairs, lol.

Now, I always, always order all the new in-colour bits - card, ink pads, markers and ink refills. Unfortunately, due to shipping delays (damn coronavirus!) the ink pads, markers, Blends and ink refills weren't available for the pre-order, so we've got nothing to ink with or colour with that matches the card and designer paper until the catty goes live next month. Ho hum. So I sifted through my stash of Copic markers and was very happy to find colours that are a close match to two colours, at least (haven't tried the others yet), so I could satisfy the extremely strong urge to create with NEW STUFF!!!

Here ya go:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Jar of Flowers
  • card - cinnamon cider, whisper white, bumble bee patterned paper
  • other - stitched rectangle and oval dies, Big Shot, jar punch, Copic markers, linen thread, Dimensionals, foam mounting tape, Subtle embossing folder

Gorgeous colours, yes? They are cinnamon cider and bumble bee. This stamp set has four bunches of flowers in total to go with a full jar and half-jar, so there's plenty of variety. More to come, I promise! 

Thanks for calling in and stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Great card, the cinnamon cider looks wonderful.just right for the sunflowers. Lucky you had some copics . Jar of flowers will be a versatile stamp set, pity there are no dies for it.TFS