Thursday, June 25, 2020

Discover Yourself

I've been playing with my Tim Holtz "toys" again, lol. I originally thought of doing white on white, but once I decided to use heat embossing and texture paste, that plan went out the window. Eventually I settled for some soft and pretty shades of purple and again, intended putting this on a white base card until I saw how drab it looked. It really needed the black base to make the main panel 'pop'. The sentiment too, needed to be in black to stand out, even though I had the same stickers in white.


My process was to firstly stamp the script stamp with Versamark and clear emboss it. Then I inked over and wiped the excess off the embossing. The stencilled texture paste came next and once that was dry I stencilled again, this time with ink. That gorgeous butterfly is white embossed on vellum and fussy cut.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Perspective (TH), Attic Treasures (TH)
  • card - basic black, whisper white, vellum
  • distress oxide inks - Victorian velvet, dusky concord, seedless preserves
  • stencils (TH) - Harlequin, Roses
  • other - stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, texture paste, spatula, white and clear embossing powders, heat tool, craft foam, Dimensionals, blending brushes, Chit Chat stickers (TH)

I'm very happy with this one - what do you think? I'd love you to leave a comment or tick one of the boxes below.

Thanks for dropping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Pretty colours have been used for your card. Still getting used to seeing mixed media cards on your blog. The butterfly is gorgeous. TFS.