Monday, June 21, 2021

It Takes Two

Today's card is my entry for two challenges, the first for Just Add Ink where they're challenging us to choose two design items:


The second is for Color Throwdown with this combo:


I picked Stitching and Stripes as my two elements, the corrugations on my background piece acting as the 'stripes' and I actually got my sewing machine out to add some straight and zigzag stitching to my foreground. 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Text (Tim Holtz)
  • card - crumb cake, watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - antique linen, kitsch flamingo, festive berries, candied apple, vintage photo, rustic wilderness
  • SU ink - crumb cake
  • Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies - Feathered Friends, Funky Foliage
  • other - Floral stencil (TH), blending brush, water spritzer, sewing machine, distressing tool, sponge dauber, Dimensionals, faceted dots, Sidekick, crimper, branch die (SU), aqua painter

It was lovely to sit and get inky on a cold and wet winter afternoon!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

Edited to add: My card was picked for the JAI challenge and received honourable mention from the Color Throwdown team - many thanks all.

11 comments:

Patrice said...

OMGoodness, Kerry, this is fabulous. Each week you are surprising us with a stunning new card! I love your take on 'stitching' & the effort to get your sewing machine on this one was worth it. Gorgeous subtle colours, with that brighter pop. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink. x

Laurie said...

This is another stunner - well done! Love the shabby chic vibe and all the texture on the card. You most definitely have a gift for creating mini masterpieces.

Lori said...

Beautiful design! Love all of the textured elements you included. Thank you for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

M-A Lynch said...

Thank you for sharing this stunning card. As a beginner stamper I would appreciate you advising how to actually curled the edges of the panel. That "curling" just took my breath away. Thank you. XX Mal, Melbourne, Australia

Rob I said...

Love that bird die. I must admit I am so impressed that you got the sewing machine out. Just a gorgeous card, glad that you had two inspirations. TFS

Kerry Parkinson said...

Mal I use a distressing tool to rough up the edges, then make small rips and curl corners over using fingernails. Hope that helps. BTW, I’m moving to Melbourne shortly myself! Cheers, Kerry

Kerry Parkinson said...

Thank you Laurie. I do find myself drawn to the shabby chic vibe quite often and am enjoying finding my feet in this style. Cheers, Kerry

Kerry Parkinson said...

Thanks Robbie. I did have to dust off my sewing machine, lol.

M-A Lynch said...

Thank you sincerely Kerry for advising me how you do your edges. I so appreciate you sharing your secrets. Hopefully when you move to Melbourne, you will be moving to the western suburbs as I will join your classes. Blessings and Thanks. XX Mal

Chantell Randall said...

A wonderful take on the Choose Two challenge. Love the pop of colour your bird brings to the card and the rustic vintage feel. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous card, Kerry! I love your corrugated stripes and the all the fabulous details you’ve added. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.