Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Best Birthday


I was lucky enough to be picked as Featured Artist for the Color Throwdown challenge #780 (see my entry in this post), so this week I'm Guest Star Stamper and just take a look at this gorgeous combo!


As soon as I saw the palette I couldn't wait to sit and play - here's how my card ended up:


It gave me the opportunity to play with this new-to-me die set and I sure did have a lot of fun colouring and assembling. The largest rose has 8 layers (eight!) but they all come together very easily. I cut two layers of a fine border to add to the arch and love the subtle flourishes on the paper I used behind it. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Words Birthday (Simon Says Stamp)
  • card - merry merlot, basic white, retired SDSP (Stampin' Up)
  • Copic markers - R81, R83, R85, T1, T2, T4, YG63, YG67
  • dies - Lovely Layers: Sweetheart Roses (Honey Bee Stamps), Essential Arches (Spellbinders)
  • other - Big Shot, MISTI, Versmark ink, white embossing powder, heat tool, Dimensionals, gems

I hope you'll get the chance to play along. Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: