Friday, March 22, 2024

Just Add Ink #694 - Just Add a Colour Combo

Who loves colour? Meeeeeeeeeee!!!! Woo hoo, it's time for a colour combo challenge with Just Add Ink and here's what we have for you this week:


I gotta say, this particular combo was a true challenge for me because in a month of Sundays I would not have thought to put these three colours together. Peacock and Cajun, sure, both bold beautiful autumnal tones from the same colour family - but to add fresh freesia? Nikki sure wanted to test us all when she picked these!

That being said, however, once I (finally!) settled on a design idea and began colouring, I came to like this unusual pairing. For me it was all about balance and how much space I let each colour take - the softer freesia could easily be overpowered by the darker tones. Here's how my card ended up:


I started with cutting my freesia base then used the same card for my back layer but darkened it by inking around the edges with matching ink. I sponged some more freesia on my white foreground and gave that some water splatters, letting them dry naturally so I'd get that lovely dark ring around the edges of the drops. My adorable little chameleon was watercoloured and I have to admit to going through a few trial runs before settling on this one, lol. I stamped my sentiment, added some gems and called it good!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Colour My World (Clearly Besotted)
  • card - fresh freesia, basic white (Stampin' Up), watercolour
  • other - blending brush, aqua painter, MISTI, Dimensionals, craft foam, SU markers, clear gems

Why not try your hand at this fascinating combination too - you may surprise yourself just as I did! And it goes without saying that we'd love to see your creations in our gallery. Now head on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what my fellow team mates did with them!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: