Thursday, August 29, 2024

Joy

The good folks at the Color Throwdown challenge must really love this colour combo, as it's the third time this year they've given it to us to play with (see CTD785, CTD788) - but as I love it too, I'm certainly not complaining!


The summery vibe in the pic made me think Christmas (which is a summer event here Down Under), so I got out my inks and a stencil and got to playing.


I blended two shades of pink on the flowers and added tiny touches of gold paint to the centres. The same colours were used for the inner pieces of the Joy die and I must say I am loving pink for Christmas! It's just a softer shade of traditional red and works so well with other seasonal colours. 

Materials used:
  • distress inks/oxides - tattered rose, worn lipstick, bundled sage, scattered straw
  • stencil - Poinsettia background (Waffle Flower)
  • card - watercolour, vellum, gold foil, pink
  • other - gold Posca pen, Dimensionals, blending brushes, Holiday Talk metallic sticker (Tim Holtz), Sidekick, Joy die, craft foam

It won't be long until we're all crafting Xmas goodies in earnest - where on earth does the time go? 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card using this week’s colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!