Friday, August 30, 2024

Trick or Treat - Just Add Ink challenge #717

 

Tina suggested this sketch for the new challenge over at Just Add Ink and while it's not unusual for me to play along on my non-rostered week, it is definitely unusual for me to do so when it's a sketch, lol. Sketches are often the most challenging themes for me but this one sparked an idea for a card, perhaps because I'd been using the die for other projects and had it on the table in front of me. 

I've been seeing a fair bit of pink for Halloween this year and love it as much as I love the more traditional Halloween colours. To me, it adds charm and whimsy.  

I blended three shades of pink oxide inks on my background, masking the moon after the first and lightest shade had gone on. As the regular distress inks are a bit more vivid than the oxides, I also sponged a little of that at the top to darken up my edges. Then I sponged grey and black for the ground using a stencil and stamped 'Happy Halloween' in repeat across the page. For a bit of shimmer and sparkle, I sprayed Distress Spritz over everything and cut two layers of the trick or treaters die. 

Materials used:

  • dies - Halloween Night (Tim Holtz)
  • distress oxide inks - spun sugar, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, hickory smoke, black soot
  • other - moon mask (Tim Holtz), blending brushes, Sidekick, picked raspberry Distress Spritz, craft foam, Happy Halloween stamp, drifts and hills stencil (My Favorite Things), picked raspberry distress ink

Do check out what my team mates created with this sketch to inspire you by following this link to the Just Add Ink blog, and thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: