Sunday, September 1, 2024

You're Not Old...

The current theme at Seize the Birthday is a fun opportunity to turn back time ...


And here's my card


This really makes me think of the TV series 'Happy Days' I used to watch as a kid - shame I don't have a jukebox die, lol. I used Tim Holtz's Retro TV die instead along with some retro papers. And yes, I am old enough to remember having a TV set just like this one with the rabbit ears aerial and manual dials for changing the channel (mind you, we only had two or three channels at the time, lol). It wasn't in the fabulous 50's, I'd like to point out, though admittedly not much after that ...

Now, who shall I give this card to ... hmmm 🤔

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Kerry, I love your Pink Retro television. The checkered background paper is so perfect as is the sentiment too. Cute card for anyone! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and for using the Topping.

JulieP said...

I had so much fun reading your post. I too remember Happy Days and these TVs. Were you ever the "chosen one" who had to hold the aluminum foil on those rabbit ears? ROFL!!! Your colors, fonts and patterns are so spot on. Thanks so much for taking on my Retro challenge here at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

I agree with Nancy, your Pink Retro TV and checkered paper is so cute and is perfect for our challenge. Cute sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.