Thursday, June 11, 2020

Keep Faith

Unusually, today's project isn't a card. 

Say what now?

What's going on, you ask? Wheeeellp, I've been playing (ie experimenting) with some Tim Holtz products as I'm loving me all kinds of things distress at the moment. You didn't see that coming, did you? (*wink) The other day I started a tag and finally managed to get that completed today. 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Flower Garden (TH), Very Versailles (SU)
  • card - watercolour, whisper white
  • distress oxide inks - speckled egg, gathered twigs, vintage photo
  • other TH products - vintage photo distress embossing glaze, harlequin stencil, alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower dies, alpha tiles random, Transparent Wings, collage medium (matte)
  • other - crop-o-dile, sponge daubers, Copic markers, heat tool, Big Shot

I wanted the sentiment to be inspirational/encouraging - you know, a 'keep your chin up', 'everything will be alright in the end' kind of thing. Maybe for DD28, who's still stuck in deep lockdown in Scotland. Meanwhile, DD22 in New Zealand is now on fewer restrictions than we are here in Aus, so she's a happy chappy. 

Now I have to decide whether to leave it as a tag or make it the focal point on a card. Thoughts?

Thanks for dropping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez


2 comments:

Rob I said...

Well that is a stunning piece of distress/mixed media work. The flower really pops the tag. I would showcase it on a card and send it to DD28. TFS

Jenny Cain said...

Love it! Always mean to have a go at stuff like this but so far it hasn't happened. Still have the SU!background stamp from Waaay back. Thanks for the encouragement to "JUST DO IT!"
I think a card front would be great!
Jenny