Friday, July 24, 2020

Summer Lovin' - CAS on Friday Challenge #185

Hi and welcome! It's time for another CAS on Friday challenge.

This is challenge #185 and the theme is SUMMER.

Though I had quite a few ideas for this theme, in the end I had to go with a stamp set that just made me giggle. Take a look:


See what I mean? Who doesn't have memories from their childhood (or even grownup-hood) of ants appearing uninvited at your summer picnic? And of sinking your teeth into watermelon when the juice would run down your chin and fingers? My very adult daughters still can't wait for that first melon of the season, cutting it up into slices and gorging on its summery goodness. Mm mmm.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Happy Summer (Lawn Fawn)
  • card - whisper white, watermelon wonder
  • Copic markers - R20, R22, R24, G00, G05, G09
  • other - Dimensionals, craft foam

We'd love to have you visit the CAS on Friday blog and see the wonderful creations my fellow design team members have made for you. And, of course, we'd love it even more if you give it a go and join our summer challenge!

Thanks for calling in and stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Your card does make me smile Kerry - mainly because I didn't see the ants until I zoomed in! We once had a memorable picnic on an ants nest... NOT ready to repeat the experience!!! Love the way you coloured your watermelon wedges and the dimensional panels on your card. Vicky x

Anita van Reemst said...

I love your card. You just wanna take a bite in the watermelon. The ants are funny. Have a nice day, Anita

sidan said...

Wish You also a happy summer day. Good job.

Rob I said...

What a bright cheery card in this cold weather. One can dream of summer. TFS