Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Let's See How Long I Can Keep This Resolution...

I'm not usually one for making new year resolutions but this year I'm giving it a whirl. It's a crafting resolution, so I figure it should be easier than the regular kind, lol! Due to shipping delays etc etc (*eye roll*), many Xmas goodies I ordered didn't make it in time - arriving either far too close to Dec 25th to be used, or not arriving until well after the Big Day. Sooooo, rather than having them gathering dust, I resolved to make at least one Christmas card per month.

My January card is done and we're not even halfway through the month, so I'm doing well so far. Let's see if I can keep it up - maybe you can remind me if it's getting close to the end of the month and you haven't seen a Chrissie card up here!

For this one I've used a number of Tim Holtz products (no surprise there, methinks). The first time I tried this die I was 'not happy Jan' but I stumbled across an excellent YouTube video which made it much easier to piece together and my second go was a snap. There's still a few small errors, but hey - live and learn, right? I was making it late at night so I've given myself a pass on those.




I'm very pleased with my night sky - it came out even better than I was hoping, to be honest. First time using the splatter brush (for the stars) and boy! you get so many splatters from just one go! Pretty sure I'm hooked on that thing now. 

Materials used:

  • distress oxide inks - chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch, black soot
  • card - whisper white, soft suede, cinnamon cider, crushed curry, garden green, white glitter, gold foil
  • other - Holiday Village die (Tim Holtz), blue alcohol marker, coloured rhinestones, picket fence distress paint, splatter brush, Big Shot, double-sided adhesive sheets, blender brush, heat tool, water spritzer

Now, as luck would have it, the theme for the newest challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is winter, so I'm entering my card there. 


Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

PS If you're interested in the YouTube tutorial I used, click HERE.



3 comments:

Stampin by Genny said...

What a lovely Christmas card! Love the village against the beautiful night sky. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Rob I said...

That is one cute stamp, looks lovely all layered up. So January is done, congrats. Now we wait for February lol. TFS

Creations in paper said...

Very cute card! I like the juxtaposition of the houses. Adds character and interest. Glad you played along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie