Friday, January 8, 2021

Poor Ted - CAS on Friday Challenge #196


Welcome to the very first CAS on Friday challenge for 2021! I hope you all have a wealth of wonderful crafting goodness ahead of you in this new year.

To start us off our theme for Challenge #196 is FEEL BETTER

Two old favourites were used on my card: this adorable stamp from Lili of the Valley and one of my all-time fav techniques, watercolouring. I got out some long-retired ink colours from SU and spent a very pleasant few minutes giving life to the image.




Materials used:
  • stamps - Itty Bitty Greetings (SU), Get Well Soon (LOTV)
  • card - pistachio pudding, watercolour
  • ink colours - strawberry slush, baked brown sugar, Baja breeze, pistachio pudding, petal pink, so saffron, smoky slate
  • other - aquapainter, craft foam, Dimensionals, pennant punch, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, pool party and Sahara sand markers

Poor Ted!

When I was a child my mum had a linctus for coughs that had to be diluted in warm water and it was horrible! Very hard to keep down, lol. My younger daughter couldn't physically keep liquid medicines down - and of course most children's medicines come in liquid form. Doctors always gave us the side eye when we asked for it in tablets. Happy days.

I do hope you'll join our challenge and make your own Feel Better card - perfect to have on hand for those summer colds and winter ills alike. And don't forget to pop over to the CASOF blog to see what lovely creations my fellow DT members have come up with for your inspiration - and comment love is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Anita van Reemst said...

What a cute stamp. Beautiful how you coloured the stamp. Greetings, Anita

Rob I said...

AWWWWWW, how cute.Great colouring, little Ted and the nurse looks so real. Looking forward to another year of CAS on Friday challenges. TFS