Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Professor is in the House

In just over a week's time I'm heading to Melbourne to visit with my elder DD. I haven't seen her since July 2019 as she's been overseas - so I'm pretty excited, as you can imagine. I'm making her a special crafty project (made one for younger DD too) and I absolutely MUST get it finished before I go! The thing is, I keep getting distracted by challenges that pop up and spark my creativity, thus spending time on them rather than what I should be doing! I'd told myself that after the challenge card I made on Thursday (the blog post a couple back) I would not do any other challenges...

...and then...

...the folks at Just Add Ink went and posted a new challenge...

And oh my goodness, if that didn't spark off all kinds of ideas...all the lovely Tim Holtz things I have been dying to use...brand new dies that arrived in the mail only hours before the challenge went up and are absolutely PERFECT for this theme...

...well, you know what happened next...

...you know I succumbed, once again...

Sigh.

Here's my steampunk card.


It was tons of fun grunging up all the cogs and gear bits as well as the edges of my blueprint paper and I love the professor in his flying goggles and top hat complete with propeller, lol.

Materials used:

  • stamps - The Professor (Tim Holtz)
  • card - crumb cake, basic black, whisper white, watercolour, black foil
  • distress oxide inks - cracked pistachio, hickory smoke, faded jeans, rusty hinge
  • distress paints - cracked pistachio, rusty hinge, walnut stain
  • other - Gearhead dies (TH), Mechanical dies (TH), black archival ink, distress embossing dabber, aqua painter, Small Talk stickers (TH), Idea-ology hardware heads (TH), mini glue dots, Dimensionals, chunky rust and patina oxide baked texture embossing powders (Seth Apter), collage medium, mechanical blueprint paper (Etsy)

Hubby will love this when his birthday rolls around. Now, to get back to what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing...

Thanks for calling in!

Cheers
Kerry


3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

This is fabulous Kerry! Loving all of the Tim Holtz elements, the colours on those cogs are so effective. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, I definitely recognise the 'must get on with this... but oh look, there's an interesting challenge' situation! This is an amazing piece of work with its variety of images and textures. Hope you get your daughter's project finished and have a wonderful trip to Melbourne! Vicky x

Tina said...

What a fun take on Steampunk! The background paper is awesome, as are your grungy cogs. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing wtih us at Just Add Ink.