Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Toadstools & Texture

I made this card back in early May (when it was autumn and not nearly spring, lol) and posted it to Instagram but it appears I completely forgot to post it here, so better late than never, I guess! It was me being inspired by a variety of cards I saw on Pinterest and having fun with various TH elements.


The woodgrain panel used for the base was one I had on hand from a play day, as were the pieces used to die cut the leaves and toadstool. The frame I cut from chipboard and applied crackle paste, painting it once it was dry and rubbing distress crayon into the cracks to highlight them. Script and splodge stamps were used on the background before lots of distressing and sponging of edges. So much fun to put together and one of my favourite cards. 

Materials used (as much as I can remember, anyway):
  • stamps - maybe Gorgeous Grunge (SU) and Entomology (TH)?
  • card - watercolour, early espresso, vellum, chipboard, woodgrain
  • Tim Holtz dies - decor frames, funky foliage
  • other - distressing tool, sponge daubers, Dimensionals, hello die, Big Shot
  • lots of distress oxide inks including but not limited to - speckled egg, rustic wilderness, crackling campfire, vintage photo, weathered wood, walnut stain

There's more autumn-themed stuff coming in the next month or two as my design teams are based in the northern hemisphere, so get used to these colours!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry






2 comments:

Karen L K said...

Such a great looking card! Every detail is so very nice!

luv2srap said...

I love this card.