Friday, September 24, 2021

Neutral Palette

The colours for this week's Color Throwdown challenge intrigued me and once an idea came to mind, of course I couldn't rest until I sat at my craft table to see if it would work. 


They described these as black, grey, cream and kraft. Here's my card:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Christmastime 2, Treeline (Tim Holtz)
  • card - watercolour, very vanilla, crumb cake
  • distress inks - hickory smoke, black soot, tea dye
  • SU ink - smoky slate
  • other - Versamark ink, vintage pearl embossing powder (Ranger), heat tool, moon mask (Tim Holtz), blending brush, foam sponging tool, Stamparatus, slimline nesting rectangle die, Big Shot

I began with masking the moon while I sponged the sky with two shades of grey then added the moon detail with beige/kraft ink and a touch of grey. Stamping the trees came next, then more sponging around the edges with black and the final detail was stamping and embossing the sentiment. 

Colour challenges are always fun, especially when they push you to try combinations you wouldn't usually use.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

Makira said...

Beautiful card! Perfection achieved! Stay safe... MK

Maggie Trevena said...

Stunning Kerry

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous!