Friday, September 24, 2021

JAI #573 - Just Add a Sketch


Howdy! Welcome to my first posting as a newly-fledged member of the Just Add Ink design team. I'm excited to be creating alongside these talented ladies.

This week we have a sketch for you. Remember you can flip it, turn it or even reverse it to suit your needs, as long as the sketch is recognisable in the end result.


On my shabby/vintage card I've used a lacey die for my edging feature and a frame for my focal point. 


As I tend to be all about dimension, I cut three of the frames and stuck them together before stamping and embossing with a wood grain effect. The background paper was given a light coat of white ink just to fade it a touch so it didn't compete with my focal feature and the edges were heavily sponged (which draws the eye in) and distressed. Too much fun!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Tiny Text, Entomology, Attic Treasures (Tim Holtz), Hardwood (SU)
  • card - watercolour, basic white, crumb cake, Rose Avenue dsp (Kaisercraft)
  • distress oxide inks - kitsch flamingo, spun sugar, vintage photo, old paper, tumbled glass
  • Tim Holtz dies - Crochet, Bloom Colorize, Decor Frames
  • other - leaf punch and embosser, antique linen embossing glaze (TH), heat tool, Big Shot, MISTI, blending brushes, distressing tool, Dimensionals, stitched rectangle die (Paper Rose), picket fence distress ink, vintage photo archival ink, aquapainter

I do hope you'll head over to the JAI blog to see how my team mates interpreted the sketch and, of course, we'd love for you to join in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

6 comments:

Lynn Hoyt said...

Kerry, this is stunning, WOW!

Maggie Trevena said...

Beautiful Kerry, love the colours

Unknown said...

A wonderful card Kerry. You would have had so much fun.

Tina said...

Oh, my! What a stunner! I love everything about this gorgeous card. Welcome to the Just Add Ink team, it's so great to have you with us.

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous card Kerry with lots of dimension and lovely details. So lovely to have you on the team at JAI xx

patsy lake said...

Lovely card Kerry, I love the colours you have used here..