Friday, November 26, 2021

Baby, It's Cold Outside - CAS on Friday Challenge #219

 


Thanks for joining me for another clean and simple challenge. WINTER is the theme for CAS on Friday challenge #219.

I couldn't resist using this adorable layering snowman die called Winston. He's so sweet! I love him in pastels too. Whole, he's too big for a CAS card so I gave him a little 'cameo' appearance, lol, and didn't use all the layers available.


I added some shimmer to the bottom layer of the scarf and the pieces that came out of the top layer made perfect snowflakes! 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tiny Text Christmas (Tim Holtz)
  • card - very vanilla, watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - salvaged patina, kitsch flamingo, vintage photo, carved pumpkin
  • dies - Winston Colorize (Tim Holtz), layering circles (SU)
  • other - blending brushes, heat tool, Big Shot, black rhinestones, salvaged patina embossing glaze, MISTI, clear Wink of Stella, tweezers, embossing buddy, Dimensionals, craft foam

We'd love for you to join us in our winter challenge and my fellow team members have more samples to inspire you.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Looks like your snowman really is cold. The sentiment fits so well!

Anita van Reemst said...

What a cute snowman and I love the sentiment.

Ina ( Frysk Famke ) said...

So cute with the snowman.
He looks very cold.

Rob I said...

Really good thinking of using just the head of the snowman and the circle that it is layered onto completes the image. The pastel colours look fabulous. TFS