Friday, November 5, 2021

JAI #579 - Just Add Two

Welcome back to another Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a 'just add two' where you pick two out of three elements to include in your design.

Yes, it's all about the shine! 

For my card I picked shimmer and glimmer - though I confess I had to look up the difference, lol. I discovered that glimmer is 'a faint light, a dim glow' while shimmer is 'a faint or veiled and tremulous gleam or shining'.  

Meet Winston the snowman - isn't he just the cutest? All my snow, including Winston, has been sprayed with white shimmer mist and has a kind of mother-of-pearl glow. 

And for my 'faint light' of glimmer, I popped three teeny tiny rhinestones on the berries in Winston's hat and used black gems for his eyes and buttons. 

Materials used:

  • stamps - Tiny Text Christmas (Tim Holtz)
  • ard - basic white, basic black, basic grey, pumpkin pie, real red, granny apple green, watercolour
  • dies - Winston colorize (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle (Paper Rose)
  • distress oxide sprays - speckled egg, stormy sky
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, white shimmer mist, rhinestones, black gems


We'd love to see your own shimmery/glimmery/foil creations in our gallery this week! And if you head over to the JAI blog, you'll find more shiny goodness to inspire you from my fellow DT members.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Winston is one mighty fine snowman. Tim Holtz always creates interesting images with his dies and Winston is no different. Interesting the differences between shimmer and glimmer. Gorgeous card. TFS