Hello and welcome. With the final stretch before Christmas fast approaching, we have a wonderful challenge for you over at Just Add Ink:
My wrapped treat has a gingerbread component (YUM!) so I decided to make gingerbread and candy cane themed packaging. The house is my first-time make with the new Village Collection dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.
I cut the bits for my house from heavyweight watercolour paper (300gsm) and coloured with inks. The window frames, door frame and shutters were left plain. Frosted acetate was placed behind the windows for glass and the icing/frosting-like stuff is actually texture paste piped on. The gorgeous little confections are made of resin and were easily cut to fit my rooftop or glued together for the awning posts.
For the tag it's sitting on, I masked off the inner portion and inked a border, then added both stamped and die-cut greetings.
- stamps - Peace & Joy (SU)
- card - heavyweight watercolour (Cansen), Toile Tidings Gift Wrap (SU)
- distress oxide inks - rusty hinge, candied apple
- dies - Village Collection (house 1), The Vault Christmas (both Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
- other - blending brushes, Big Shot, Sticky Grid, Christmas Confections (TH Idea-ology), die pick, embossing paste (SU), masking paper, mounting tape, red tinsel ribbon (SU)
We do hope you'll join our challenge and have tons of fun making your own Christmas gift packaging - there are an infinite number of choices you could make and we'd love to see them in our gallery. Meanwhile, pop over to the JAI blog to see what gorgeous creations my fellow team mates made to inspire you.
Thanks for calling in.