Monday, February 21, 2022

Wild About Gladys

Earlier today I found these two challenges:

  
As luck would have it, over the weekend I'd been playing with the gorgeous Gladys (new colorize dies) and had a couple made up already, so thought she'd be perfect to combine these challenges. 


Isn't she flamazing? Love her so much!

Materials used:
  • stamps - You Matter Background (Simon Says Stamp)
  • card - basic white, watercolour, night of navy
  • dies - Gladys Colorize (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle (Paper Rose), Celebrate You (Stampin' Up)
  • distress inks - kitsch flamingo, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, chipped sapphire, ground espresso, black soot, dried marigold, spiced marmalade
  • other - blending brushes, white embossing powder, heat tool, craft foam, Big Shot Switch, embossing buddy, Dimensionals, computer and printer, night of navy ink (SU)

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

Edited to add: The good folks over at Color Hues picked my card - many thanks ladies. 



9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Kerry! Your card is adorable! I love the stamp you used to create the embossed background. It's so positive and uplifting. This is such a cute die! I am so glad you played in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Nancy said...

Kerry, My girlfriend was just talking about this cute die just yesterday and here she is as adorable as can be. Talk about personality! I adore this so much! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

A flamingo is the perfect subject for a pink and blue combo! Gladys is such a fun die, though it does bring images of my OH's aunt to mind.
So pleased you shared her with us at Color Hues. :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh how fun is this?!!! So perfect, I love it! So happy you joined us at Color Hues!

Christy Lynn said...

I love the expression on the flamingo's face--he's amazing (flamazing!) and he knows it! He looks especially great on the sponged background. Love this!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely darling in every way! Gladys is the perfect name for that fabulous flamingo, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Susan from Stampin2Die4 said...

OMG, Kerry - your flamingo is TOO cute! And a perfect answer to the color challenge - I just love this!

Hannelie said...

Flamazing indeed!
Love this fun design ♥
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues !

Carol said...

I am Nancy's (above) friend who LOVES Gladys the flamingo...Love your card!