Friday, February 18, 2022

Spring Flowers - CAS on Friday Challenge #225

Hi all! It's time for another clean and simple challenge and this time around at CAS on Friday we're celebrating Spring Flowers.

I've yet to experience a spring here in my new home but back in the Blue Mountains it was always wonderful to see those first buds (usually freesias) pop up to tell you the cold days were numbered and the warmth and freshness of Spring would soon be on its way. One of the flowers I loved having in my garden was lavender, not just because it was a low maintenance plant and drought tolerant (very important here in Australia), but because it bloomed in mid Spring and gave us glorious colour and scent all through Spring and Summer. 

I’ve featured lavender on my mini slimline card.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Flowers in Bloom (MFT)
  • card - very vanilla, watercolour
  • dies - Wildflower Stems 2 (Tim Holtz)
  • distress oxide inks - villainous potion, milled lavender, dusty concord, bundled sage
  • other - mounting tape, white bakers twine, V15 Copic marker, aquapainter, paint brush 

We would love to see your creation in our gallery if you choose to make one, and do pop over to the CASOF blog to see what lovely cards my team mates made to inspire you.

Thanks for visiting.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm a huge fan of lavender, too! I love the popped up layers on this card and the lavender looks great with the mix of purples used. Great job!

Ellen said...

Lavender! I love it. The color, the smell. It reminds me of our holidays in France. Lovely card!