Friday, March 11, 2022

JAI #594 - Just Add Masking

Welcome! Are you ready for another challenge? At Just Add Ink this week we're asking you to


There are so many ways to use this versatile technique and we can't wait to see what you come up with. 

My project is one of those where you get the germ of an idea and it stays in your mind, persistent and inexorable, until finally, for the sake of your sanity, you just have to sit down and try it, lol. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, right? Right?

Here's my monochromatic landscape.


I used bought stencils/masks for the hills and moon but made my own for the trees by cutting a die from some stencil film.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Tiny Text (Tim Holtz)
  • card - very vanilla
  • distress oxide ink - frayed burlap
  • stencils/masks - drifts & hills stencils (regular and slimline) by MFT; moon mask by Tim Holtz
  • other - blending tool, Treeline die (Tim Holtz), stencil film, picket fence distress paint, paintbrush, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot Switch, masking tape, craft foam

I do hope you'll visit the Just Add Ink blog to check out the samples my fellow team mates have made for you, and hopefully be inspired to have a go yourself. 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

3 comments:

beverly said...

WOW...this is a beautiful card!...your coloring is outstanding.

patsy lake said...

Ditto to the above comment Kerry. I love everything about this card, it is stunning..

Rob I said...

I cant believe that you have just used one colour, seriously? That is unbelievable.Stunning card. I need some frayed burlap.TFS