Friday, August 5, 2022

JAI #615 - Just Add Inspiration

Although it's not my week for a Just Add Ink project, a glance at the inspiration picture set off a design idea in my head and of course I had to sit at my craft desk and create. Here's the pic:


The combination of black, white and brown, along with those lovely pops of bright green foliage, are what inspired me. 


My card echoes the clean, straight lines as well as rectangular and square shapes from the picture, and for the touch of whimsy instead of the hats on the wall I used my bird. The white rub-on I used was cut to give the shape of a wing. I die-cut two of the slides and attached them using mounting strips to give dimension so I'd have a little 'pocket' to tuck the leaves and moss into.




This is a card that can be used for many occasions so I've left off a sentiment for now.

As luck would have it, these are the exact same colours in this week's Color Throwdown challenge, so I'm entering that.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Create Happiness Elements (Stamperia)
  • card - basic black, basic white, granny apple green (SU), distress black/kraft (TH)
  • dies - Specimen, Silhouette Birds, Funky Florals #3 (all Tim Holtz)
  • other - rhinestone, craft moss, Dimensionals, mounting strips, blending brush, sponge dauber, Create Happiness - Writing, white rub on (Stamperia)

What does the inspiration picture bring to your mind? We'd love to see you create a project and share it in our gallery. Pop on over to the JAI blog to see what my team mates came up with.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

This is such a fantastic card, Kerry!! I love how you've managed to show off so much texture with this minimalistic design. Love the combo of black and kraft, and the green looks like another neutral color with them. Absolutely love it!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Tina said...

Oooh, what a fun take on the Inspiration photo! The embossed stripes look fantastic, and the little birdie in his nest is fabulous!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Lots of lovely details to take in on your card, Kerry, like the black and white text on the birdie and pop of lovely textured green leaves, and the vertical scores. Very inspired take on the challenge image.
Di :)