I fell instantly in love the second I saw a card recently made by Tiffany Solorio and wanted to try recreating it. Luckily for me Tiffany put a tutorial on YouTube, so after watching it a couple of times I went to my craft room and got to work.
I've made some changes from the original and of course when it comes to ink smooshing backgrounds, you can NEVER make exactly the same as someone else - or even yourself, roflol - so there are definite differences. But I had sooooooo much fun making it and am very happy with the outcome, and that's what matters.
- stamps - Entomology (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous)
- card - basic white, heavy watercolour, vellum
- distress spray stains - antique linen, speckled egg, iced spruce, rusty hinge, crackling campfire
- distress oxide ink - speckled egg, antique linen
- distress paint - picket fence
- dies - Specimen, Brushstroke Butterflies (both Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
- other Tim Holtz products - mummy cloth, hardware heads, brickwork 3D embossing folder, mini cobblestone 3D embossing folder, ground espresso archival ink, water spritzer, Small Talk sticker
- fan paintbrush, heat tool, Big Shot, Dimensionals, sponge dauber, basic grey marker (SU), distressing tool, white embossing powder, Versamark ink