Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Birdie Birthday

I was in the mood for some colouring today and as the weather is grey and miserable, decided to go with bright colours and explore this year's new Stampin' Up in colours, which I've barely used. Here's the card I ended up with:

I started with my piece of orchid oasis card, sponging some matching ink around the sides to give me a lighter centre, then splattering with white paint. My birdies and leaves were coloured with Stampin' Blends before everything was fussy cut and assembled on to a neutral base to help the colours pop. 


Materials used:
  • stamps - Some Birdie Loves You (Clearly Besotted), Tiny Words Birthday (Simon Says Stamp)
  • card - crumb cake, basic white, orchid oasis
  • Stampin Blends - daffodil delight, mango melody, sweet sorbet, parakeet party
  • other - E13 Copic marker, picket fence distress paint, paintbrush, craft foam, Dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat tool, MISTI, in colour matte decorative dots, blending brush, orchid oasis ink

Now that's definitely more cheerful than the thunderstorms outside!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

No comments: