Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Card Concept challenge #191

It's the second challenge of the month with The Card Concept so we have two mood boards for you to draw inspiration from, named Signs of Spring and Butterfly Blues.

  

My inspiration came from the flower and butterfly in option b and colours from both palettes (namely navy, yellow and turquoise).


I began by ink blending my background beginning with salvaged patina, ensuring it was lighter towards the middle. Then I placed my first moon mask and added chipped sapphire blending followed by night of navy. With the moon mask still in place, I added a little extra ink around the outside then blended on the second layer of the mask. After stamping the main images (fairy, flowers and butterfly) I used a wet waterbrush to remove some of the oxide ink from inside petals and wings, then coloured them using Copic markers. The next step was the foliage at the bottom which used first, second and third generation stamping to create depth. Lastly I added hints of white gel pen and some shimmer to all the wings.

Materials used:
  • Lavinia stamps - willow, slender mushrooms mini, fairy bugs, Mae
  • card - basic white, Bermuda bay
  • Copics - Y02, Y11, BG11, BG32
  • distress oxide inks - black soot, salvaged patina, chipped sapphire
  • other - night of navy ink (SU), clear embossing powder, heat tool, MISTI, waterbrush, moon mask (Tim Holtz), blending brushes, craft foam, stitched rectangle die (Paper Rose), Big Shot, white gel pen, clear Wink of Stella, distress micro glaze

Do check out how the challenge graphics inspired my fellow team mates by heading over to The Card Concept blog, and thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry 

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Your card is breathtaking, Kerry.